Golleher Alumni House
The stately, Spanish-colonial-style house, located on State College Boulevard just west of the Titan Student Union, enjoys a history longer than Cal State Fullerton. Built in 1931 for Lotte Hetebrink of the city's extensive Hetebrink family, it was instead sold immediately to the Andrew Mahr family who resided there among the orange groves until 1959. Known for years as the Mahr House, the residence and adjoining properties were then purchased by the state for the new state college.
Once it became part of Orange County State College, the building served as the offices of President William Langsdorf and the school's administrative staff. Over the years, Mahr house served many functions including faculty club, health center, bookstore and finally the office of the California State University, Fullerton Foundation. In 1995, as the house was being renovated, alumnus George Golleher and his wife Rita made a generous lead gift, and the facility was renamed to honor him and the university's alumni.
Today the George C. Golleher Alumni House is home to the Cal State Fullerton Alumni Association and serves as a hub of alumni activities including annual meetings, Night of the Pachyderm events, barbecues and more.
Built in the Spanish colonial revival style, Golleher House is set amid a courtyard and archway shaded by old fruit and maple trees. Mexican brush sage, roses and agave blend with flowering perennials and native species to create a restful, old California garden landscape often featured on home and garden tours.
The Golleher House is available for weddings, receptions and specialoccasion rental, and is used as a conference facility.
|<< previous page||next page >>|